Sunday, December 13, 2009

Are MAC cosmetic brushes really worth it?

Hi! In my opinion, yes they are worth it. As long as you take good care of it, it will last you a long time. I own a couple of MAC brushes accumulated over the years and it still looks the same as the day I bought it. The Essence of Beauty brushes (from CVS) that I own for a little over a year now have been shedding (except the concealer brush) and I take the same care for it as my MAC brushes. Eventually, if I prefer to use these brushes, I'd have to buy again. These are good brushes though, don't get me wrong. It's just not in for the long haul.





My point is, you don't have to keep on buying make-up brushes so it's best to buy one and forget about buying another (at least in a long, long time). It's not supposed to be ';used up'; like make-up products are.





So, does it make sense to buy a $25 eye make-up brush or a $50 face brush that can last me 5 years [yes, it can last longer than that, even]? Hells, yea.Are MAC cosmetic brushes really worth it?
the thing about MAC brushes are that they are extremely high quality (no shedding, soft) and each brush has multiple purposes. i think that some of the face brushes can be worth it for that reason, but you can still find good quality, cheap brush MAC dupes that can give nearly the same effect such as sigma, coastal scents, etc. as for MAC e/s brushes, i think that's a complete waste of money because most e/s brushes--including drugstore ones, don't shed and are still soft. it's not that hard to find good e/s brushes.Are MAC cosmetic brushes really worth it?
It depends on the person. I believe it's worth it if you know you are going into a field of cosmetology or you want really good quality brushes for awhile.





I like to buy them because they can last forever if you take care of them. It's an investment, like most makeup gurus from youtube says. If you are thinking of buying some, look up information on which brushes you want first.





Hope this helps :)
I think some of MAC's brushes are worth the investment because of quality, such as the 219 and 224-which are used near the delicate eye area and I found that other brushes that are poorly made hurt my eye area. But other brushes, such as an angled brush can easily be substitute for a cheaper alternative or even try Michael's Craft Store, I have bought some brushes from there are they work just as good. But it really is personal preference and how you apply your makeup.
Yes, but only if you're going to get enough use out of them to make them worth the investment. And only if you know how to properly take care of them (Clean, sanitize, condition them, etc.) to make them last long enough to make them worth the money.





If you don't feel that you're ready for such a hefty investment, be sure to check out Sigma brushes over at www.sigmamakeup.com .


They're handmade just like MAC brushes, the quality is usually 100% the same, and they're half the price. I bought an entire set of Sigma brushes for $80. In the set, there were 2 brushes that I already had from MAC that cost me over $100. Totally worthwhile.
yeahh:) i didnt think so at first, but i slowly started buying some, and they really make my makeup look soo much better. what i like to do is just buy one brush/paycheck, that way i build them up, so you dont have to go spend a bunch of money buying a ton at a time:)
yes! they're hand made, and they have a great variety of brushes. i really haven't found anything as good as mac.





however if your looking for a decent set of tools for a cheaper price, try eco tools. they're super soft and work really well.
I don't think so. But that is just me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
acne scar