Friday, December 11, 2009

What's the best way to clean cosmetic brushes?

you can either buy a special cleanser for make up brushes, or you can simply use a very gentle shampoo such as baby shampoo and very gently massage it into the bristles. wipe it on a tissue (don't dry it aggressively) and let it air dry. if you want really soft brushes you can even use a conditioner on them, but make sure that any conditioner you use on them is all natural, such as ones from lush, because normal conditioners coat the hair in a plastic film which makes them appear softer. on brushes however, this will make them stick together slightly and they won't apply make up as well as they did. i would suggest not to condition blusher brushes etc. but use it on soft brushes such as foundation brushes, as blusher brushes and such rely on the slightly spiky ends to diffuse the powder evenly and effectively.


-sorry, ended up longer than i meant it to be!What's the best way to clean cosmetic brushes?
What I do to clean my brushes, is I rinse my brushes with warm water and add 1 or 2 little drops of baby soap. Then I run my fingers through the brush and tap them on my finger.





To dry, I then press any excess water off the brush and set it in a cup JUST for brushes.





Hope this helps!What's the best way to clean cosmetic brushes?
They say to use a soft detergent but i look at it as if all brushes are made of hair and what works for my hair should work for the brush, there for I use shampoo works for me
I overheard a makeup artist at Sephora saying that using Johnsons baby shampoo works well to clean brushes because it's effective yet really gentle :)
You can use baby soap or regular body wash %26amp; warm water...





Watch this and she'll show you...





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IgZegdqx鈥?/a>
you can use baby shampoo here watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIGEr81FqTM
There are cleansers made specifically for cleaning make up brushes that you can find in any pharmacy or department store.
dont put soap in the brushes as someone said because that will just ruin the brush fur.


just use warm water and let it dry naturally or leave it in the fridge
Your question is very important for which I think you should go online and check this out: http://mydailycosmetics.com/articles





Enjoy :)





Craig
Here's a site that showed me step by step on how to clean makeup brushes. It's very useful and give great beauty tips.
Pull out all the hairs you may have left in them, then soak them in warm water and a little shampoo.
I think I read once that it's best


to use warm water and a gentle shampoo.



Baby shampoo and warm water.
Soap and warm water

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
acne scar